|FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions|
|How to Choose ?|
|1. How do I choose the correct scale length ?|
|2. Which DRO is suitable for my machine ?|
|3. What is the different between mTECH series and TDS series of display?|
|S1. What shipping method is available?|
|S2. What is the custom duties for my countries ?|
|T1. What is the dimension of the DRO ?|
|T2. What power plug does the DRO comes with ?|
|How to Choose ?|
How do I choose the correct scale length ?
The best way to determine the length of scale that you required is to measure it.
Just follow the procedure to measure the "TRAVEL LENGTH" of the scale that you need.
(The physical length is 142mm(5.6inch) longer than the travel length of the scale, e.g. travel length is 820mm (32.28inch), physical length is 962mm (37.87inch).)
(We always mention the travel length for DRO as it is a more important piece of information than the physical length.)
1) Move your X axis to one extreme end and make a marking.
2) Move to the other extreme end and make another marking.
3) Measure the distance between the 2 marking, this is the TRAVEL LENGTH.
4) Select the correct travel length from our available list of travel length.
(E.g. you measure 780mm (30.7inch) travel length, the nearest is 750mm(29.5inch) or 820mm (32.28inch), we will choose 820mm(32.28inch), so that it will cover the entire travel distance).
5) Do the same for the other axis/axes.
If you need the detail dimension of the scales, you can read it at http://mtechdro.blogspot.com/2007/07/mtech-linear-scale-detail-drawing-and.html
Which DRO is suitable for my machine ?
If you machine is a Lathe/Turning machine, choose DRO-2L for 2 axis and DRO-2L2 for 3 axis.
As these DRO has specific Lathe functions, such as diameter/radius one button conversion and 9 tools data and taper calculation.
If you are
having other type of machines, like drill, mill, grind, borer...
What is the different between mTECH series and TDS series of display?
The difference between the mTECH and TDS are as below;
- mTECH uses cast aluminium, so it is hard and rigid
- TDS uses high impact plastic, it is very strong yet light. It also protects against electirc shock.
- mTECH uses LED display, so the wordings, will be in short form, and may not be as easy to understand
- TDS-2 and TDS-4i uses LED for the axis display so the wordings, will be in short form, and may not be as easy to understand
- TDS-2i and TDS-3i uses LED for the axis display and a LCD for the helping words display. it is easier to understand and use.
For milling :
- mTECH , for milling will include a collet plate
- TDS, does not include a collet plate
For Lathe :
- mTECH , the accessories are the same as TDS
- TDS, the accessories are the same as mTECH
4) Coordinate display
- mTECH and TDS-2, TDS-4i display only the X Y Zposition.
- TDS-2i and TDS3i display, X Y Z and also the polar coordinates in distance, angle format.
5) In terms of other features, they are more or less the same.
Howvever in Lathe configuration, mTECH 2L is a more specifc model for lathe only.
So it has dedicated features like Taper measurement, Radius/Diameter conversion button.
In TDS, they are general DRO for Mill/Lathe, so their features tends towards the milling features. The Radius/Diameter display is set in the parameter.
shipping method is available?
When purchase is made directly from our
TheDroStore.com webstore, the shipping is automatically upgraded FREE to
If you like to use your own shipping account, it can be done, just send us the goods you like to purchase and we can quote you without shipping fee.
What is the custom duties for my countries ?
You can advice us on your preferred amount to indicate on the shipping documents.
|T1. What is
the dimension of the DRO ?
The dimension of the different is about ;
50mm x 180mm x 300mm
T2. What power plug
does the DRO comes with ?
All our DRO sets comes standard with the USA plug.
Most of customer, will cut away the plug and connect it together with their machine, so that
when they power on the machine, the DRO will be on together.
<< Back to Main